Detailed information and instructions for participants regarding travel, fees, and due dates will be posted here when available.
Participant “To Do” List and Upcoming Due Dates
|April 15||confirm acceptance of attendance by email (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|April 15||Submit payment of participation fees (150€ international, 75€ Cypriot)|
|May 1||Investigate visa options|
|tba||program abstracts due|
|tba||travel & emergency contact form due|
|July 21-28, 2019||IIPE 2019!|
|tba||Participant Evaluations Due (please!)|
The general participation fee for IIPE 2019 will be 150€. The fee for residents of Cyprus is 75€.
Participation fees cover all onsite costs including participation in all IIPE activities, food, shared (double) room accommodations, local transportation and excursions. You are responsible for your own air travel, transportation to and from the airport, and spending money.
Full payment of fees must be received by April 22 to reserve your space. Since we have many participants on a waiting list, if we do not receive your deposit by this due date we will open this space for somebody else.
Cancellations must be made no later than July 1. We cannot refund fees for cancellations made after this date.
Submitting Payments: Our preferred method for payment is by credit card. You can pay online here.
If payment by credit card is not possible, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Travel Arrangements: How to Get to Nicosia
Options for getting to Nicosia are outlined below.
You should plan to arrive on Sunday, July 21 and depart on Sunday, July 28 (see details below).
To accommodate international travel, the IIPE program will convene Sunday evening with informal activities that you are encouraged to attend. We will begin formal activities on Monday morning. The program will conclude in the evening of Saturday, July 27. As the program will conclude in the late evening, accommodations will be provided until Sunday morning, July 28.
* If your transportation necessitates it, you are welcome to arrive early or stay after the conclusion of the IIPE, however you will be responsible for arranging and paying for these additional accommodations.
It is highly advised that those coming to Nicosia from abroad take flights to either Larnaca or Paphos airport and travel overland from there to Nicosia.
The organizers will inform participants in due time about shuttle bus free pick up options for both their arrival and departure to Cyprus (only for Larnaca airport). The rest of the participants who arrive or depart at a different time or airport, should use Kapnos Airport Shuttle Services (http://bit.ly/kapnos-shuttle). Each way to and from Larnaca Airport costs 8 euros. In order to get from the Kapnos Shuttle Bus stop to Castelli Hotel and vice versa, please call a taxi (it shouldn’t cost more than 10 euros per ride). One option is VIPS taxi (Tel. nr: 0035722318318). Please consider that participants who are not using the free shuttle bus provided bear their own costs for transportation to and from Nicosia.
Most of the Conference will be held at the Home for Cooperation (H4C) in the UN Buffer Zone, opposite Ledra Palace. All participants will be required to show ID (if EU citizens) or passport to police at the checkpoint before the Buffer Zone; hence, participants should carry their documents at all times. The H4C has disabled access, wifi connection and a Café. Besides the conference room in Home for Cooperation, we will also be holding sessions in a number of other venues in the UN Buffer Zone.
All participants will be staying at Castelli Hotel (http://bit.ly/castelli-map), which is a 10-15 minute walk from the Home for Cooperation, the main venue of IIPE 2019. Accommodations are double (shared) rooms with air conditioning and private bathrooms. A limited number of single rooms are available for an additional cost (please contact us for details – single rooms will be made available for those with special needs first).
CASTELLI HOTEL NICOSIA
38 Ouzounian Street, Nicosia, 1010, Cyprus
As noted above, you will be responsible for any additional accommodations prior to the beginning and after the conclusion of the IIPE.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are at capacity at the hotel and unable to accommodate any further special requests for additional people (spouses, etc) in the hotel. In general, we discourage bringing spouses or others to the institute as this is a live-in residential learning community. Each day is essentially a 12-hour intensive and immersive experience for participants. If anyone would like to bring additional people they would need to find their own accommodations as we cannot accommodate anyone outside of the IIPE from our reserved group of hotel accommodations.
All participants who need a tourist visa to come to Cyprus, please make sure to inform yourself at the Cypriot embassies in your home or neighboring countries (see list here: http://bit.ly/cyprus-embs) about the necessary visa application procedures. More information about the visa policy of the Republic of Cyprus can be found here: http://bit.ly/cyprus-visa. Here some recommendations and advice on the visa process:
1) Depending on the embassy in question and the type of visa, visa procedures sometimes can take several months after the complete visa application has been handed in until the visa is issued. Thus, it is highly recommendable to inform yourself right away about how long the visa procedure might take and begin the process early enough. Also factor in enough time for delays as visa procedures can be quite cumbersome.
2) The IIPE and the AHDR as the host organization can, upon request, issue letters of commitment and inscription to support the visa process. Should that be a necessary requirement for your visa application, please contact email@example.com for the details and specifications.
3) A recommendation for the visa process: you only need a tourist visa not a student visa for such a short stay in Cyprus.
4) It is highly advised that all participants arrange travel to Larnaca (40 mins from Nicosia) or Paphos (90 mins) airports. (If people travel to the north [Ercan Airport], then AHDR will not be able to help with visas and non-EU citizens will not be able to travel to the south).